Terms and Conditions
Cooperative Mortgage Bank Website Access Agreement
THIS WEBSITE IS OPERATED BY COOPERATIVE MORTGAGE BANK LIMITED (RC 210930).
‘We’ ‘Our’ ‘Us’ ‘The Bank’ means Cooperative Mortgage Bank.
‘User’ ‘You’ ‘Your’ ‘Customer’ refers to any person accessing this website.
This website is a facility we offer at no cost that allows you receive information from us and to transmit instructions to us by electronic means, in respect of an account, using a mobile device capable of accessing the internet.
We cannot guarantee that our website will be accessible at all times, without interruption, or that it will be free from errors and/or omissions. We do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimize or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, Trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorized third parties.
This website has been developed and is operated and maintained by or on behalf of Cooperative Mortgage Bank. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights on the website are owned by us or our licensors.
The information, materials and other content of this website must not be reproduced, republished, distributed, in whole or in part without our prior written consent, except for the purpose of accessing our products and/or services and for producing prints out for personal and non-commercial use, provided you adhere to our copyright and proprietary notices.
This Website is to provide you with information about our products and services. Although we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this site is accurate, we expressly disclaim liabilities whether express or implied as regards the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of information provided on this site. Information contained on this website should be considered an advertisement. Nothing contained in any page on this site shall take the place of Bank agreements and disclosures. In the event that information on this site conflicts with provisions in the Bank’s agreements and disclosures, the agreements and disclosures shall prevail.
Product and services displayed on this website contain general information about Cooperative Mortgage Bank’s product and services, and can be changed by us at any time without notice to you. Information displayed on this website is not an offer or solicitation for the purchase of securities or investment, unless expressly otherwise stated. Information contained here has been prepared without taking into account your financial objectives or needs. Before acting on the content of this website, you may consult an independent qualified professional adviser.
- Cooperative Mortgage Bank is irrevocably authorized to comply with instructions given to it through the website and it is agreed that such instruction shall be irrevocably deemed to be your instruction.
- Cooperative Mortgage Bank is expressly exempted from any liability arising from fraudulent, duplicate or erroneous instructions given by means of your Account name, account number, phone number, signature and BVN.
- Due to the nature of the internet, transactions may be subject to interruption, delayed transmission and transmission black out. Cooperative Mortgage Bank is not liable for malfunctions in internet facilities beyond its control that may affect the accuracy, timeliness of messages and transactions.
- Cooperative Mortgage Bank is hereby exempted from any liability as regards breach of duty of secrecy of your Account number, phone number and BVN, as the usage of these details by a third party shall be construed to be with your consent.
- Cooperative Mortgage Bank is further exempted from any liability arising from transfer of ownership of the phone number which you have registered with the Bank on which the One Time Password is received.
- Cooperative Mortgage Bank will NEVER send you a link to any external website or request for your personal banking details via SMS, e-mail, telephone or any other means.
- You hereby irrevocably accept responsibility and shall bear liability for any fraud, loss and/or liability to the Bank or third party arising from the usage of your Account name, account number, phone number, signature and BVN on this platform.
Cooperative Mortgage Bank understands the importance of privacy, we respect and take responsibility for protecting your personal information. However, we will not be liable for any unauthorized access during the transmission of such information to us. In a bid to protect your personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet applicable laws. This may include the use of access controls, encryption and other security measures to ensure that your data is protected. We also require all parties, inclusive of our staff and third parties processing your data on our behalf to adhere strictly with relevant guidelines and policies, to ensure confidentiality.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Information you give us when applying for a product or service.
- Information gathered from a variety of sources such as website visits, applications, identification documents, financial statements, curriculum vitae
- Information gathered from video footages of you whenever you visit any of our branches, telephone conversations when you put a call to our contact lines.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To execute your instructions
- To contact you
- To update Cooperative Mortgage Bank’s records.
- To prevent money laundering and other related crimes
- To administer our products and services.
- To improve your business experience with us
- To manage our risks
- To review your eligibility for loans.
- Statistical purposes.
- Deal with enquires and complaints
- In compliance with legal obligations and assisting law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies.
- We may also collect, use and share your information in other ways permitted by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Sometimes we share your information with third parties:
- To meet any applicable law, regulation or lawful request.
- To prevent financial crime.
- To trace, investigate and recover funds on your behalf.
- To trace information.
- When we have your consent.
- To external auditors.
There are a number of rights you have in respect of information shared with us:
- Access to your personal information.
- Updating and correcting your personal information.
- Withdrawing consent.
- Deleting your information: you may ask us to delete your personal information
- Transferring your information: on request, we can share a digital copy of your information directly with another organization.
- Objecting to how we process your personal data: if you have concerns about the manner in which we process your personal data, please discuss this with our relationship officers at any of our branches.
- To restrict how your personal data is processed in certain cases, such as when the accuracy of your personal data is contested. If you have concerns about the manner in which we process your personal data, please discuss this with our relationship officers at any of our branches.
In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Cooperative Mortgage Bank reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic into and out of its domain.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. All disputes arising from or related to the use of this website, application, construction and interpretation of the terms and conditions of this website shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act.
In the event that any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, unenforceable or void, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the outstanding provisions.
There shall be no waiver of any of the above-mentioned terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized agent of Cooperative Mortgage Bank.
Kindly note that you are hereby prohibited from using the site or its content for the following purposes
- For any unlawful purpose
- To violate any international, federal or state regulations, rules, laws and local ordinances.
- To upload or transmit computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, Trojans and worms.
- To insult, harass, abuse, defame, slander, intimidate or discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, race, age, national origin or disability.
- To gather or track personal information of others.
- For any immoral purpose
- To interfere with the security features of this website.
- To disseminate false or misleading information.
- For the infringement of our intellectual property rights.
Cooperative Mortgage Bank reserves the right to terminate your use of this website for violating any of the above mentioned prohibited uses.
Except where caused by the Bank’s gross negligence or deliberate misconduct, the user undertakes to protect and fully compensate the Bank from any third-party liability, damages and expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from the violation of these terms and conditions.